What is Mapchanger?
MapChanger allows for a new paradigm in the field of education to take place. MapChanger allows for all involved individuals in a training or learning activity to assess the value of all participating elements, personal and non-personal, in order to better understand the meaning of a training activity.
MapChanger is developed in three stages, of which the first one is a recording and downloading space. In this versions Mapchangers are created to allow participants to download and look at training processes and material through a 3D reality. The second stage is a Map that includes interaction, chatting, posting and the possibility to upload files for the participant. In this version participants can collaborate, exchange data and create a common digital memory of a training event.
Context & objectives
Through research we have found that, in a training session or learning activities, participants tend to not be fully aware of their expectations even before applying. The training offering entity usually has a one directional approach in planning content and methodology as it is far too late to ask a participant onsite what they expect. Adaptations to the program of a training activity at that moment are very difficult and usually do not happen.
- Participants may also face big challenges recording their learning experience during a training activity. A lot of information and experience is being offered during a training activity, however participants can only make use of very limited parts of it. Furthermore, it seems that the impact usually happens on a level that the training was not initially designed for, meaning that participants profit from an aspect that was not intended.
- Training activity offering entities lack tools to support participants to use the newly acquired/improved competences in their work or live back home.
- Training activities do not support entrepreneurial and/or citizenship attitudes, meaning that newly gained or improved competences are not seen under the opportunity of entrepreneurship and civil society engagement.
We believe developing a virtual eco-infrastructure and giving ability to people to create an original content and reproduce it through interaction, can not only support training organizations but also, build up trust between them and their trainees.
With the solutions we designed, our partners were able to :
• Access training processes at one central virtual space.
• Process data much faster and more easily after they return to their home environment.
• Download and look at training processes and material through a 3 dimensional reality.
• Interact, chat, post, generally the possibility to upload and share.
• Collaborate, exchange data and create a common digital memory of a training event.
• Learn to design their own digital learning space.
• Take full control of aesthetics or workflow aspects.
How virtual environments
Through whole our life we face creativity and reproduction in every social aspect. They enable us to modify surrounding environment with according our needs but it takes pretty much resources and energy. In comparison with an abstract space or virtual world it does not consume so much time and efforts to study in proper environment. We believe developing a virtual eco-infrastructure and giving ability to people to create an original content and reproduce it through interaction there we build up a trust between them. And this is the desirable core for our platform because it enforces the learning process and vitalize artificial and computer-based atmosphere.